Today we can visit the fortified castle of Bouillon.
We discover there the oldest and most interesting relic of feudalism in Belgium, whose current appearance is largely due to work carried out from the 16th century to the Dutch period.
The monument is classified as an important heritage of Wallonia.
If you go to the Austrian tower (1551) at the end of the city wall walk, you will enjoy a wonderful overview of the fortifications, the city and the meanders of the Semois.
Included in the price of the visit :
- The educational exhibition on falconry (all year round) and the falconry show from March 1st to November 11th (sessions at 11.30 am, 2.00 pm and 3.30 pm). Additional session at 5.00 pm on weekends and public holidays in May, June and September, as well as every day in July and August.
- The exhibition "Scriptura, from the pen to the PC", which tells the history of the school from the Middle Ages to the present day.
!!! Dogs are not allowed !!!
!!! Anti COVID-19 measures !!!
- One-way track and mostly outside
- The Scriptura exhibition and the castle's underground corridors are no longer accessible
- Guided tours and night visits are unfortunately canceled
- Wearing a mask mandatory
- Physical distance of 1.5 m required
- Hydroalcoholic spray upon entry and exit
- No rental of audio guides
- No group visits. Maximum 4 people living under the same roof.
- Temporary removal of the "CityPass of Bouillon" due to the closure of the Ducal Museum and the Godefroy Archeoscope. The provisional entrance fees for the castle are : € 8 / adult, € 6.50 / senior, € 5.50 / student, € 5 / child, free for children under 4 years old.
For this 30th edition, dive into the Middle Ages, enjoy a change of pace and a trip through time! In the heart of Bouillon from 08 to 09/08/15!
Discover medieval crafts, food, entertainment, hunting and weaponry, and of course music!
Camps and a parade
During the two-day festival visitors will discover around 20 Middle Aged historical camps at the foot of the castle.
The theme will focus on the whole Middle Ages period (5th and 15th century).
Several artisans (blacksmiths, iron founders, potters, bakers...) will exhibit their know-how among the camps present.
You will also have the chance to have a go at using a crossbow and attending a combat re-enactments. A colourful parade will begin at 3:30pm to the sound of minstrels, accompanied by knights, men-at-arms, Vikings...
During this time, the fortified castle and its surroundings will become the theatre to numerous shows and activities: 2 medieval camps, artisan work, medieval troops and a mix of fighters and falconers (show at 11am, 2pm, 3:30pm and 7pm).
The festival will be in full swing at the castle by the evening. Come and join in the festivities at the Medieval Festival! Taste various dishes (no reservation necessary) in a festive atmosphere, just like they did in the Middle Ages.
After your meal, come and attend an hour-long concert that will preceed the fireworks display. Your children will certainly not be forgotten at this festival, as they will be able to be dubbed knights on the Esplanade de l'Archéoscope, as well as getting the chance to visit a medieval farmyard. And, not forgetting the mini tour along the Semois river on a pony.
Take part in torch-lit visits of Bouillon Castle with a guide in medieval attire throughout the summer holidays!
Unless of course there are other events organised in the castle on those days!
In July and August 2015, at 10pm, every Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
€10 for adults - €7 for children under 12 years old.
Booking required between 10am and 7pm: +32 (0)61 46 42 02 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please present yourself at the castle entrance 15 minutes before your scheduled visit.
Don't forget to bring a warm layer for when you visit the underground levels. Visits can be cancelled if there is a lack of participants.
Visitez le Château de Bouillon en compagnie de votre moitié pour une visite "spécial Saint-Valentin".
Un bond de 1000 ans dans le passé
Accompagné d'un guide habillé comme au Moyen Âge, vous découvrirez le Château fort de Bouillon à la lumière des flambeaux.
Muni de votre torche, vous parcourrez en amoureux les souterrains et couloirs du château en passant par les pièces les plus importantes.
Vous terminerez la visite par la Tour d'Autriche, du haut de laquelle vous apercevrez une magnifique vue à 360° sur la ville de Bouillon.
- Réservation obligatoire (maximum 20 personnes par guide et par langue)
- Masque obligatoire
- Se présenter à l'entrée du Château 15 minutes avant la visite
- La visite pourrait être annulée en fonction des conditions climatiques. Le Château vous préviendra au préalable.
A la fin de la visite, une surprise sera distribuée aux Valentines !