Our Lady of the Roses Hospital is closed until 28 July inclusive due to a power cut.

Our Lady of the Roses Hospital

Reviews
4.5/5 (1557 Google reviews)
Founded in 1242, Our Lady of the Roses Hospital is one of the last remaining examples of a fully-preserved self-sufficient hospital, complete with farm, gardens, an ice chamber and graveyard, set next to the convent and hospital buildings.

Offering a wonderful example of a medieval hospital, this exceptional construction and its surrounding site are remarkably well-preserved and feature very diverse architecture, together with rich artistic, pharmaceutical and medicinal collections, presented in their original setting.

The hospital, farm and gardens are ranked a Wallonia Major Heritage Site.

Tour of the medicinal plant garden, with an audio guide, information panels, an exhibition, workshops and guided tours.

Check out our website for details and the full programme of the activities!
  • A8 or E429 Brussels-Lille motorway exit 29.
    By train: Lessines station at 300 m.
Book online