- Principality of Stavelot-Malmedy History Museum. For over a thousand years, the principality has exerted its influence over a territory extending well beyond Belgium's borders. The Principality of Stavelot-Malmedy History Museum offers a modern and fun-filled insight into the Old Régime and includes sounds and images, various objects and works of art, orchestrated using the latest multimedia techniques, together with the "Espace Wibald", portraying a 12th-century Empire priest.
- Spa-Francorchamps Race Track Museum. Set inside the abbey's vaulted cellars, this museum tells the story of the "world's finest race track". An exhibition of exceptional vehicles, previously-unseen videos and unusual objects allow visitors to relive the passion of racing, from the pioneers to today's drivers. You're bound to take yourself for a Fangio, Senna or Schumacher after a virtual lap of the Ardennes track!
- Guillaume Apollinaire Museum. This museum, with its hushed atmosphere, evokes the poet's stay in the Stavelot region and plunges visitors into the world of the author of the "Chanson du Mal-Aimé". The itinerary introduces visitors to the work of one of the last century's most outstanding figures, as seen through Apollinaire's writings and the eyes of Picasso, Chagall and Cocteau.
Every Sunday in the summer (during school holidays) from 11.00 to 12.30 in the cloister garden or in the cloister (depending on the weather), a varied and friendly programme and it's free!
L’Abbaye de Stavelot accueille l'artiste Beb-Deum, dessinateur, graphiste et illustrateur français pour ses 40 ans de carrière.
À quoi s'attendre ?
- Dans la première partie de l’exposition, sous la forme d’un atelier d’artiste, les travaux de BEB-DEUM avant sa démarche numérique sont mis en scène (la presse, la bande dessinée, la publicité, les affiches, le Japon, l’Afrique).
- La deuxième partie vous plonge vers le nouvel imaginaire de l’artiste et son projet Mondiale TM qui définit clairement son style graphique aujourd’hui.
- Les personnages de BEB-DEUM semblent tout droit sortir d’un film de science-fiction et peuvent paraitre déstabilisants. Mais à y regarder de plus près, ne sont-ils pas le miroir déformant de notre monde d’aujourd’hui ?
Des questions de sociétés passionnantes, une exposition interpellante et un style artistique hors du commun !
Christmas will burst into life! The abbey is once again at its best, in Stavelot. From 3 December to 8 January 2017.
So many things that will make young and old dream. Starting with the lights. Enjoy a mulled wine and a hot chocolate as a family in a warm and convivial place. And who knows? Maybe you'll find the original gift that you where looking for.
On Sunday 13 December, from 10am to 6pm a Christmas market and a flea market will be organised in the abbey's cellars and under the esplanade on avenue Ferdinand Nicolay.
On one side you will be able to purchase objects of elegant and sometimes unusual antiquity, on the other you will find artisan decorations to put on your Christmas tree and gifts to put under it.
49th edition as always, proposing a rich and varied programme for all ages: Youngsters and children, those acquainted with the world of theatre and those curious to discover the unique practice of live shows.
This season you can experience it for yourself!
Not forgetting the return of the "petits Fest-Art" on the last day of the festival: outdoor street theatre for the very young!
And of course, high-quality one-man-shows full of humour and poetry.
Every day from 10am to 1pm and 1.30pm to 5pm in the abbey's glass gallery.
BANK N° : (BE51)001-2249804-62 - Asbl. Festival VTS - 4000