Halfway between sculpture and architecture, the Atomium was conceived and constructed for the Brussels World Fair (*Expo 58*) and was the flagship building and emblem for it.
Representing a unit cell of an iron crystal magnified 165 billion times, the building with its unique silhouette has, over the years, become the symbol of Brussels and Belgium.
Celebrating its 60th anniversary in 2018, it constantly reinvents itself and enchants visitors with its exhibitions and major events and thus holds its position, year after year, at the top of the attractions in the Capital of Europe.
THE MAGIC OF ARCHITECTURE, THE JOYS OF CULTURE.
- a surrealist walk through tubes and spheres
- the most beautiful panorama (360°) of Brussels and its surroundings (92m)
- a panoramic restaurant with a 100% Belgian menu (95m)
- a permanent exhibition on the history of the building
- a shop brimming with original gifts.
Temporary events (2020):
- Pieter Bruegel. A poetic experience: exhibition (on 2 levels)
- Spirou4Rights: installation dedicated to Human Rights (on 2 levels)
- the Atomium ticket includes entrance to ADAM - Brussels Design Museum (150m away).
19/09/2019 - 13/09/2020: * monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday, friday, saturday and sunday: from 10:00 to 18:00
Starting from September 19th 2019, for the 450th anniversary of the death of Pieter Bruegel the Elder, the Atomium will present a compelling and interactive exhibition about the Flemish Renaissance painter. Thanks to big reproductions of his work, the visitors will dive into the heart of the world of Bruegel. The exhibition "Bruegel, a poetic experience." presents both known and unexpected facets of his work and personality.